Borne from the post that started it all and the current Security Twits list, this page includes the most up-to-date list of security professionals on Twitter located in or around NoVA (and the rest of the metro DC area). Click on the names below to view the NovaInfosec Twits’ Twitter pages, and if you’re on Twitter, add them to your follower list. If you’re not on Twitter, sign up! The Twitter account for the NovaInfosec Twits list is novainfosec. In general this account will be used just for tweets of new postings on the NovaInfosecPortal (which is mostly announcements of local infosec events right now), group tweets, suggested retweets (for those not in the group), and a consolidation pivot point for all NovaInfosec’ers.
In order to be added to the list below, you’ll need to message @grecs that you would like to be added and follow @novainfosec. We’ll then follow you back. If you want to post tweets to the novainfosec group, all you need to do is dm novainfosec and your post will automatically be retweeted. You can also use a service like twitter100 to track everybody.
In order to help organize our tweets somewhat, we’re suggesting the #tags below to help ease discussions and improve searches. You can then do searches like “from:novainfosec #con” to see all tweets about conferences. We’re trying to keep the tags to three letters so as to not take up too much of the 140 character limit. If there are any more tags you would like to add or ones that should be removed, please message @grecs.
- #con: Conference events
- #meet: Meetup events
- #edu: Training resources
- #job: Career development resources
- #news: News 🙂
- #tool: Tools of interest
- #web” Web sites of interest
- #gov: Anything to do with government (e.g., laws, policies, and spending)
- #com: Same as #gov but in commercial realm
- #vul: Anything related to vulnerabilities and exploits
And finally, here is the list…
As you can probably tell we recently revamped the list to just rely on the official Twitter-based Lists instead of manually maintaining a separate list on this page.
A number of other Twit directories have popped up as well. We’ve started listing pertinent ones here for your convenience.
- Security Twits: The original Twit directory that includes the most up-to-date list of security professionals on Twitter.
- GovTwit Directory: Nice listing of government agencies and related organizations using Twitter. The list represents federal, state, and local agencies as well as government-focused contractors, reporters, and academics.