FISSEA Conference« Back to Events
“A New Era in Cybersecurity Awareness, Training, and Education”
Federal Information Systems Security Educators’ Association (FISSEA) – now a NIST program under the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) – announced the 25th Annual Conference. This year’s theme, “A New Era in Cybersecurity Awareness, Training, and Education” will focus on security training on a budget, current cybersecurity projects, emerging trends and initiatives. Attendees will gain new techniques for developing and conducting training, professional development, networking, and an opportunity to meet industry partners at the Vendor Exhibit.
Who Should Attend
Individuals from government, industry, and academia who are involved with information systems/cybersecurity workforce development — awareness, training, education, certification, and professionalization. Those new to the field as well as seasoned professionals would benefit from attending. Typical attendees:
- CISO Staff, ISOs and ISSOs
- IT Managers
- Information Security Educators and Researchers
- CHCO Training and Development Personnel
- Cybersecurity Trainers and Teachers
- Instructional Designers
- Curriculum Developers
You Will Gain
- A better understanding of current cybersecurity projects, emerging trends, and initiatives
- Awareness and training ideas, resources, contacts
- New techniques for developing/conducting training
- An update on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- Networking opportunities
- Professional development
- Opportunity to meet industry partners at vendor exhibit
Note this event will take place in Green Auditorium and Lecture Room B.
Find out more information about this event. Feel free to share your thoughts about this event beforehand or post a summary afterwards in the comments below.