Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter. Another great week of a couple of meetups to look forward to. Start off with ISACA CM Meetup and OWASP NoVA Meetup on Wednesday. As always if you are still looking for more to do, be sure to check out @grecs‘ Twitter feed as we might post something else you’d be interested in. With that said, here are your meetups for this week as well as a preview for next week.
- ISACA CM Meetup – “Exploration of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework” by Jim Meyers and Jim Bothe at CCMIT in Lithicum Heights, MD (more info)
- OWASP NoVA Meetup – “Integrating Compliance into the Development Process” by Nathen Harvey & Dominik Richter at Living Social in Reston, VA (more info)
And for those who would like to plan ahead, here is a preview of events on our calendar for next week:
- Tuesday – ISSA DC Meetup
- Wednesday – ISACA NCA Meetup, NovaInfosec Meetup – West
- Thursday – ISSA NoVA Meetup, CharmSec Meetup
- Saturday – BSidesCharm Conference
- Sunday – BSidesCharm Conference
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Nova Labs, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do. And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.