Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter. Another great week of a couple of meetups to look forward to. Start off with ShmooCon Epilogue on Monday. Then finish socializing things out with ISACA NCA Meetup, ISSA NoVA Meetup and CharmSec Meetup on Thursday. As always if you are still looking for more to do, be sure to check out @grecs‘ Twitter feed as we might post something else you’d be interested in. With that said, here are your meetups for this week as well as a preview for next week.
Monday (1/18 )
- ShmooCon Epilogue – It is an all-day con that is held right after ShmooCon at Center for Innovative Technology in Herndon, VA (more info)
- ISSA DC Meetup – “Cybersecurity Landscape in 2016“ by Rick Son, Abel Sussman & Dan Choi at Center for American Progress in Washington, DC (more info)
- NovaInfosec Meetup – West – This event is in honor of the CitySec movement at Lost Rhino Brewing Company in Ashburn, VA (more info)
- ISACA NCA Meetup – “Young Professionals Event: Effective Vulnerability Scanning and PowerShell Scripting” by Paul Lazarr & Mike Howard at Tysons Corner Marriot in Tyson, VA (more info)
- ISSA NoVA Meetup – “Encryption and Federal Law Enforcement” by Howard Cox at Avaya Government Solutions in Fairfax, VA (more info)
- CharmSec Meetup – An informal, all-ages, citysec-style meetup of information security professionals at Little Havana in Baltimore, MD (more info)
And for those who would like to plan ahead, here is a preview of events on our calendar for next week:
- Wednesday – ISSA Baltimore Meetup
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Nova Labs, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do. And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.