Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter. Another great week of a couple of meetups to look forward to. Start off with ISACA CM Meetup on Wednesday. Then finish socializing things out with ISSA NoVA Meetup and OWASP NoVA & DC Meetup on Thursday. As always if you are still looking for more to do, be sure to check out @grecs‘ Twitter feed as we might post something else you’d be interested in. With that said, here are your meetups for this week as well as a preview for next week.
Wednesday (12/9 )
- ISACA CM Meetup – “IT Security Issues and Opportunities in IT Environments Heavily Reliant on Third Parties” by Ellen Ozderman, Danny Wuckovich & Stephanie Hardt at Overhills Mansion in Catonsville, MD (more info)
- OWASP NoVA & DC Meetup – “OWASP NoVA & DC Holiday Party” at Ireland’s Four Courts in Arlington, VA (more info)
- ISSA NoVA Meetup – “Think Like Your Adversary” by Matt Hartley at Marymount University in Arlington, VA (more info)
And for those who would like to plan ahead, here is a preview of events on our calendar for next week:
- Tuesday – ISSA Baltimore Meetup
- Wednesday – NovaInfosec Meetup – West
- Thursday – CharmSec Meetup
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Nova Labs, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do. And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.