AOL’s IT Security team is looking for a Senior Security Developer at their Dulles, VA campus. No security clearance required! Don’t forget … please list NovaInfosec.com as the referral if you decide to apply. And if you are a company representative that is interested in posting your career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. As always the first post is free. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Senior Security Developer
- Perform duties of a systems developer as part of AOL’s IT Security team. This includes maintenance of existing infrastructure and systems along with architecting and developing new solutions.
- Conducts advanced systems programming and systems support activities such as new or revised program language codes, processing routines, and report generators.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug and documents complex programs. Performs advanced analysis for the acquisition, installation, modification and support of operating systems, databases, utilities and internet-related tools. Monitors effective language codes, processing routines, hardware utilization and utilization of database management techniques.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of industry standard technical tools, applications, and procedures. Creativity applies technical knowledge to determine solutions and solves complex problems. Uses experience and analysis to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Has diverse business skills and may function as a component project lead.
- Researches, presents and/or makes recommendations on technical issues.
- Provides constructive performance feedback. Accurately predicts time required to complete development tasks; adheres closely to development plans; and anticipates changes to a product specification or schedule as they become necessary during a development cycle.
- Communicates and mentors other members of the team. Has in-depth knowledge of one subsystem or a breadth of knowledge in several subsystems.
- Personal performance and Valued Behaviors include: effectively interprets and acts on all customer needs of increased complexity, interacts internally and externally on a daily basis to achieve department/work unit goals and initiatives, uses communications skills to influence decisions, provides constructive performance feedback, articulates opinions and helps guide work unit, foresees potential technical or business issues within department and makes recommendations on how to resolve.
- Focused experience in Python, Perl, C/C++, and using APIs.
- Strong understanding of security-related technologies including encryption, IPsec, IDS/IPS, VPNs, stateful firewalls, as well as TCP/IP.
- Understands security operations and functions with the ability to automate tasks.
- Ability to adapt quickly and develop solutions outside of traditional business paradigms.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Motivated, responsible individuals who require little supervision are desired. Individuals must be able to solve simple to moderately complex problems requiring independent thought.
- Experience with Ruby, XML, SOAP, PHP, Java, SQL are highly desired.
- Also understanding of network device CLI such as routers and switches a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus 6-8 years direct job related experience are required. Individuals must demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Unique Requirements – This job requires on-demand work schedule changes to meet business needs. This job may require limited travel.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission – to inform, entertain and connect the world. AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Follow-Up Contact Information
Please reach out to Kelly Sullivan at [email protected] for more information on this role. For additional online information and to apply, head on over to its requisition. And please list NovaInfosec.com as the referral if you decide to apply.