Excivity, Inc. is a security company located in the Washington, DC area that provides software development and technical security expertise to a wide range of customers. Being a small, yet growing company, every individual has a voice and a direct impact on the company’s success.
The majority of the work is done out of the Chantilly, VA office, however, flexibility and remote work is available when it doesn’t negatively affect delivering the best product possible.
And don’t forget … if you organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Excivity is seeking to fill a Security Engineer position. This is a full-time position, with benefits, located at the company headquarters in Chantilly, VA. This position works on a small team and will entail performing in-depth technical security assessments on various technologies, products, services, and platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security in addition to knowledge of network and web related protocols. They will be able to apply such knowledge in order to identify risks and vulnerabilities, and provide possible mitigations and improvements regardless of the technology or platform.
Complimentary background for this position is at least 3 years experience in security engineering, penetration testing, or application security. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Perform in-depth technical security assessments on a large range of products, services, and technologies, identifying risks and vulnerabilities, and providing possible mitigations and improvements from a security perspective
- Participate in every stage of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) by providing initial guidance on security architecture and design, identifying security flaws during the build phase, and providing final security validation before delivery
- Maintain security documentation and be able to bridge the gap between technical details and a non-technical audience
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, and HTTPS)
- Ability to deconstruct and evaluate a product or service from a security perspective in order to identify risks and vulnerabilities, and the ability to provide possible mitigations and improvements
- Strong hands on experience with Linux/Unix
- Working understanding of Microsoft Windows internals
- Ability to assess a product or system from a forensic perspective in order to identify risks to privacy or security
- Preferred experience with scripting (i.e., Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Hacker mindset and ongoing desire to learn and grow
- Ability to work independently
Excivity is a fast paced place to work, which provides a diverse variety of challenges and opportunities. Being a small company, there is minimal corporate hierarchy, which means each individual has the ability to, as Gandhi put it, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” The office culture consists of a stocked break room of snacks and drinks, Ping-Pong table, and several labs dedicated to creating, breaking, and testing software and hardware components.
Excivity provides competitive compensation and benefits. All employee benefit costs and healthcare plans, to include: long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, and vision are covered by the company. Excivity also provides a matching 401K plan.
Follow-Up Contact Information