This position is a “jack of all trades” opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing firm at the forefront of cybersecurity across the spectrum of technical analysis, engineering, architecture, policy, programmatics and compliance.
MKA currently has client work in the Washington, DC area as well as Salt Lake City, UT and other locations. In this role you may be called on to travel to some or all of those locations. Candidates will be based out of the MKA office in Fairfax, VA and must be able to travel to client sites as needed. US Citizenship is required. Candidates may be required to obtain a Government security clearance.
And don’t forget … if you organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Senior Security Engineer
Mischel Kwon & Associates
- Develop security architecture assessments and improvement plans
- Monitoring security sensors to detect, assess and respond to potential network and/or system intrusion events
- Participate in Incident Response
- Performing technical security and/or vulnerability assessments of client systems, networks and architectures
- Writing and contributing to reports documenting analysis findings and recommendations. Reports range from executive level to technical practitioner target audiences
- Assisting with the development of MKA and client policies, processes, procedures and/or plans for information security initiatives ranging from the enterprise down to the analyst level
- Develop and refine process documentation for identified SOC functions to ensure standardization and quality of support
- Conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information.
- Perform 2nd level analysis of IDS data. Analysts must be able to disassemble an Ethernet frame and understand routing and payload components
- Support Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance; including sensors, data collection servers, network assets and firewall administration
- Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to MKA client’s Information Systems Security architecture
- Provide initial and continuing mentoring/training for SOC analysts to ensure accuracy and completeness of effort
- Serve as a technical resource in Client meetings and presentations
- Provide input to draft InfoSec policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- Technical security skills to include secure configurations, network security, router/switch configuration, firewall rules, DNS black holing, AD processes and Domain configurations.
- Tool knowledge – Scanning, SIEM, Packet Capture
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networks and the threats/attacks facing them
- Understanding of software and system vulnerabilities and how attackers exploit them
- Experience working in a SOC and knowledge of SOC processes, procedures and workflows including analysis, event handling, incident response and incident handling
- Security event analysis and triage skills
- Strong written (writing sample may be requested) and verbal communication skills with both clients and team members across all levels of seniority and technical expertise
- Ability to clearly translate complex technical elements into business centric language for non-technical audiences
- Applicant should have a strong Unix/Linux OS capabilities
- Experience with leading security tools such as NetWitness, RSA Security Analytics, RSA Archer, ArcSight, Splunk, AlienVault
- Basic scripting skills
- Experience with open-source security tools such as SecurityOnion, Bro, SNORT, Moloch, ELSA, OSSEIM, NMAP
- Experience with performing technical vulnerability assessments utilizing tools such as Tenable Nessus or Rapid7 Nexpose, analysis of results and generation of recommendations for remediation
- Experience as a SOC analyst and involvement in threat intelligence/analysis, event analysis and incident response activities
- Experience creating plans, processes and/or procedures for security operations
- Experience with Information Assurance frameworks such as NIST/FISMA, ISO 27001, SSAE 16/SAS 70
- DoD 8570 compliant certifications are a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Clearance preferred but not necessary
Commensurate with experience
About Mischel Kwon & Associates
Mischel Kwon and Associates (MKA) is a provider of cyber security consulting and monitoring services to private and public sector clients.
Follow-Up Contact Information