Last week the NSA added five new schools to their list of certified Cyber Operations Centers of Academic Excellence. This brings the total to 13 holding this elite designation. And the good news is that there is finally a school local to the metro DC area – Towson University. Here is the current running list as well as a snip-it from the NSA’s press release.
- Dakota State University, SD
- Northeastern University, MA
- University of Tulsa, OK
- Naval Postgraduate School, CA
- Air Force Institute of Technology, OH
- Auburn University, AL
- Carnegie Mellon University, PA
- Mississippi State University, MS
- New York University, NY
- Towson University, MD
- United States Military Academy, NY
- University of Cincinnati, OH
- University of New Orleans, LA
Five new schools have been selected for the National Security Agency’s National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations Program, which was designed to cultivate more U.S. cyber professionals in an increasingly demanding and ever-changing global environment.
After a rigorous application and screening process, the following schools qualified to receive the CAE-Cyber Operations designation for the 2014-2019 academic years:
Today’s post pic is from Wikipedia.org.