The Advisory Board Company’s InfoSec Group is looking for a talented and experienced application security professional to start filling out their team. It’s expanding quickly and the application security program needs a #2 person to help drive growth.
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Senior Application Security Engineer
The Senior Application Security Engineer will work within the Information Security Group and have responsibility for conducting recurring application security assessments as well as envisioning and leading internal projects. The ideal candidate–in addition to being able to conduct reliable application penetration tests–will be able to design and implement firm-wide solutions to common application security weaknesses, integrate application security with Agile development processes, and aid in envisioning the strategic direction of the Application Security Team. This person will report to the Application Security Lead. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting regular dynamic (“Black Box”) and static (“White Box”) assessments against various internal- and external-facing applications
- Assisting development teams with design and implementation of secure applications
- Conducting application security training courses
- Assisting with the resolution of application security vulnerabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in Computer Science,
- Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in conducting various types of application penetration tests
- Experience with industry standard application security testing tools
- Experience authoring application security assessment reports or similar deliverables
- Proven understanding of application security concepts and best practices
- Proven understanding of Agile, Scrum, and other software development methodologies
- Demonstrated capability to work in a high-transaction business application environment and with geographically-distributed teams
- Experience in application development, quality assurance, or related field
- Experience with Java, .NET, Python, or other common web development language
- Experience conducting technical assessments on enterprise mobile applications
- Experience automating application security controls at scale
- Demonstrated proficiency conducting classroom education
- Proven understanding of how to conduct end-to-end application architecture evaluations
- Familiarity with common secure software maturity models, such as BSIMM or OpenSAMM
About The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global technology, research and consulting firm partnering with 150,000 leaders in 3,700+ organizations across health care and higher education. We combine the expertise of our 2,200+ employees around the world to find solutions to the most pressing challenges in health care. Our performance technology products offer user-friendly, Web-enabled dashboard platforms with tremendous analytic capabilities that generate more than $500 million in realized value annually for our members. These solutions focus on strategically important areas, including physician alignment, revenue cycle, accountable care, and surgical profitability. We thrive on innovation and the knowledge that we are creating real change in an industry that matters to everyone.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For additional information and to apply, head on over to its requisition.