not to talk about when tickets go on sale … per a humorous tweet from @dklinedinst yesterday. Of course I’m going to break that rule with this quick reminder that tomorrow at noon EST the inevitable “F5 fail” sessions start again with the official first round of ticket sales. As usual … be sure to carefully read their tickets and news pages for instructions. You can also check out some of our prior tips for snagging that magic barcode.
- Read our Top 5 Lessons Learned … an oldie but still a goodie.
- Peruse our Top 5 Tips for Snagging that ShmooCon Barcode post.
- Join a local meetup and network your way into tickets that open up at the last-minute. As usual check out our calendar for a list of events.
- Start participating in mailing lists, forums, and other networking sites. My current favorites are distro lists associated with NovaHackers and Unallocated.
And in case you are offline for whatever reason, there are still two more chances to buy, December 1st and 16th. Here’s some other important dates for those for those submitting a talk.
- October 31, 2013 – First round speakers notified
- November 20, 2013 – Final due date for all papers
- December 5, 2013 – Final round speakers notified
See you all there … hopefully. 😉
What’s your strategy for winning the barcode lottery tomorrow? Let us know in the comments below. Today’s post pic is from Aleksandr.us. See ya!