Noblis is looking to hire a Cyber Security Analyst. This looks like a good fit for someone that is highly qualified with at least a Bachelors Degree and 5 years working experience. Candidate must be able to obtain TS/SCI clearance though.
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Cyber Security Analyst
Falls Church, VA
- Analyze raw data (e.g. malware, network packets), log information, and written reports and evaluate them for viable threat intelligence
- Distinguish and track cyber threat groups, particularly their methodologies
- Distinguish and track families of malware
- Track relevant threat group correlations in coordination with data scientists
- Interrupt analytical results to determine:
- Reasons an intrusion event should be correlated to a particular threat or target group
- Methodological trends for threat groups and malware families
- Attributes for each tracked threat group
At least five years’ experience in the following:
- Conducting or managing incident response investigations for organizations investigating, identifying, or tracking targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime, and Hactivists.
- Using a variety of forensic analysis tools (e.g., EnCase, Forensic Toolkit) in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Working with intrusion detection systems (e.g. Snort, Suricata) and tools (e.g. tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Analyzing of network protocols and of the associated network logs.
- Performing static and dynamic malware analysis and familiarity with tools such as IDA Pro and OllyDbg.
- Creating custom tactical and strategic remediation plans for targeted attacks.
- Utilizing secure network architecture, security infrastructure placement, and experience in performing network operations.
- Deep working knowledge of networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, IRC, RPC, DNS, and host based IDS/IPS
- Experience performing the following activities:
- Interpreting packet data with Wireshark
- Interpreting common log formats (e.g. FTP, Microsoft IIS, Telnet)
- Developing a timeline of forensic events (particular Windows file system and Registry) and identifying related events and patterns of activity
- Recognizing correlations between malware samples (either raw binary samples or packet captures) that indicate they are part of the same family
- Familiarity with security tools such as Anti-Virus, Ironport systems and Data Loss Prevention Tools
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer/networking/
- Experience building and managing cyber security teams
- Familiarity with data analytics
- Experience with programming/scripting languages
- Working knowledge of databases such as Postgres or MySQL
Active TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain one
Noblis is a nonprofit science, technology, and strategy organization that brings the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise in an environment of independence and objectivity. We are accomplished scientists, analysts, engineers, management experts, researchers, and technology specialists who work in areas that are essential to our nation’s wellbeing. Our work focuses on solving complex problems in national and homeland security, healthcare, transportation, enterprise engineering, and environmental sustainability.
Noblis offers employees the opportunity to find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them as well. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, mission-driven individuals who want to do great work and feel great about doing it. They are thought leaders and subject matter experts who apply deep critical thinking and intellectual rigor to work that means something and benefits the public.
Noblis has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute and as one of the Best Small and Medium Workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute numerous times. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opp
Follow-Up Contact Information