Based on the person posting this opportunity, we know it looks to be a much more interesting research position than what the posting states. Think gaming VirusTotal, building incubation environments, and analyzing lots of malware…
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Cyber Threat Intelligence Engineer
The iDefense Advanced Threat Research Team seeks an experienced threat intelligence analyst to join our team in Reston, VA. Our teams mission is to research and report on cyber-espionage attacks targeting our customers. The analyst will work within an interdisciplinary team of engineers and intelligence analysts who evaluate tools deployed in these attacks as well as the tactics and procedures used by cyber-espionage operators.
The analyst’s primary role will be mining existing iDefense research and external open sources for indicators of cyber-espionage attacks to create actionable intelligence reports for our customers. This includes short-term analysis of individual attacks to validate and publish indicators, but also long-term analysis of tools, infrastructure and tactics to create and augment profiles of intrusion sets and operators.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of cyber attack infrastructure, including computer systems and networks.
- Team player, able to lead and serve as needed to complete the team mission.
- Pressure Player – works well under pressure to rapidly generate highly accurate technical reports.
- Candidates must be self-starters, quick learners, detail-oriented and should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven environment.
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information and work and communicate effectively under normal and stressful situations.
- Experience working in a military intelligence operation or business intelligence operation
- Experience working in the financial industry in a security or IT role
- Ability to prepare and present research findings in both client and public settings.
- In-depth knowledge of the security concerns facing large enterprises and government agencies
- Familiarity with cyber crime and cyber attacks, responsible groups, motivations and techniques
- Ability to maintain or develop professional contacts in the cyber security community and in client industries including finance and government
- Knowledge of scripting languages (preferably Python) in the context of automating analysis and data retrieval.
- Originality and creativity in problem solving
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or other relevant security field. Or comparable experience.
As the global leader in domain names, Verisign powers the invisible navigation that takes people to where they want to go on the Internet. For more than 15 years, Verisign has operated the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world’s 13 Internet root servers. Verisign’s product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, iDefense Security Intelligence Services and Managed DNS.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For additional information and to apply, head on over to its requisition.