And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Technical Security Engineer Position
As a Technical Security Engineer at our client you will be responsible for the network security elements of our global backbone, production datacenters and corporate infrastructure. You will be asked to protect our websites and offices so that our 150 million+ unique visitors can get to the content they seek 24x7xForever! Technology responsibilities include network anomaly detection and analysis including Internet based attack mitigation, router/switch security, network architecture and design, configure/manage production and corporate VPNs and firewalls, policy management, and risk analysis. You will be a key contributor to the security and optimization of our infrastructure, overall system design, and managing the day-to-day network security infrastructure.
- Collaborates on the security and design of internal products
- Researches and investigates reported network security related issues
- Utilizes monitoring of network flows for anomalies and malicious intent
- Troubleshoots issues and resolve or escalate to proper Operational teams
- Protects clients assets from Internet based attacks
- Provides technical guidance and policy regarding design best practices on clients production, enterprise, and remote networks
- Empowers the business to take advantage of network-based capabilities and keeping assets secure from unauthorized access
- Proven track record in industry keeping the largest websites in the world up and running 24x7xForever
- Experience handling Internet based attacks and ability to demonstrate how to mitigate such attacks
- Self starter that is able to seek and prioritize work load
- Ability to multitask and prioritize issues is imperative
- Fast and versatile learner that adapts well to change
- Team player with professional work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills is a must
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Security Threats: Botnets, viruses, worms, malware, phishing, spyware, hacker sites and attacks and how they work
- Security Mailing Lists: NSP-SEC, OPS-TRUST
- Routers/Switches: Juniper, Cisco
- System Administration: Unix
- Protocol knowledge of: IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP(S), DNS, FTP, SNMP
- Familiar with security conferences: BSides, CANSEC, BlackHat, DEFCON, Network and Distributed System Security Symposium, Usenix, IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy, NANOG
- Affiliation with security organizations: The Internet Society, Internet Security Operations and Intelligence (ISOI), CERT, ISC2, SANS
- Advanced understanding of various protocols and ability to secure them
- Understanding of system and kernel level performance and tuning for maximum efficiency
- 24/7 Internet facing production environment with on-call rotation
- PERL, Python, and/or shell scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4 years of directly related experience
- On-call participation
- Limited travel
About CTC, Inc.
The core of CTC’s projects revolves around the processing of data; more specifically, its architecture, conceptualization, modeling, acquisition, physical implementation, storage, security,transformation, aggregation,classification, search, conversion to information, presentation, and delivery.
Recognized as a leading provider of information technology services to the commercial and Federal markets, CTC’s growth is the direct result of long-term relationships with satisfied customers. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive, cost-effective solutions that enable each of our customers to achieve mission objectives and a competitive advantage in their respective markets.
CTC is a small business established in 1992 with a proven track record. We are focused on providing solutions and staffing to both government and private sectors.
We deliver end-to-end solutions for our customers that solve their problems, add to the bottom line and help their business grow.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For more information, contact Vi Bakshi at [email protected] or 703-634-7194.