And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Senior Security Engineer / Project Lead
Threat Squad, Inc.
Threat Squad, Inc. is seeking candidates for a full time position as Senior Security Engineer / Project Lead. If you meet the following requirements and are looking for an opportunity to work in an organization where you are challenged to make a difference, contact us.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and mentors the project staff
- Ensures that projects are delivered in accordance with scope, budget and other agreed upon terms and conditions through project management, planning, priority setting, and organization of work flow and follow through.
- Openly communicates and remains approachable to clients to ensure that staff are meeting and exceeding the client’s expectations.
- Participate in development of information security architectural strategy, including security technology standardization and modernization.
- Provide information security solutions to various network and application development teams on key initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with security engineers to integrate security solutions into the Enterprise architecture.
- Interfaces with all Applications / Business Units, to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution.
- Identify information security risks associated with the solution, and provide compensating mitigations where necessary.
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders who own and support IT architecture, infrastructure, applications, processes and operations
- Understanding of industry standards and best practices, keeping current with financial industry trends and emerging technologies.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of project engineering experience
- 7+ years of IT security experience
- Expert knowledge of Juniper and/or Netscreen firewalls, Juniper IDP, Juniper (Network Security Manager) NSM, Cisco PIX, and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Expert knowledge of network security and application troubleshooting in a firewall environment, with extensive firewall management and deployment experience, as well as an understanding of proxies and content filtering appliances.
- Working knowledge of Check Point Firewalls, Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems (IDS / IPS) and remote Access via VPN.
- Utilize current data security tools/technologies to simplify compliance and optimize incident management; identify potential threats, vulnerabilities and respond to security violations (SIEM Tools, IDS/IPS).
- Perform security operations support, with strong disciplines in network, application and database security, risk identification, enterprise wide encryption: VPN technologies such as PKI, IKE, IPSEC, SSL /HTTPS and digital certificate management.
- Provide “hands-on” security engineering expertise in support of the client’s environment, with expertise in Information Security compliance driven initiatives.
- Perform security related service and process assessments/evaluations based on NIST, ISO and ITIL standards as well as guidelines for all Business Plan initiatives across multiple distributed platforms and legacy mainframe environments
- Coordinate and monitor security operations and reporting.
- Working knowledge of application layer (e.g., ISO layers 4-7) security
- A thorough knowledge of LAN and WAN architectures and routing protocols, and a thorough working knowledge of Internet protocols and services (TCP/IP, WWW, FTP, TELNET, SSH, SNMP, etc.)
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the following: Log correlation, SIEM technologies, IDS/IPS technologies, Application Flow data and other related technologies
- Working knowledge of SIEM Technologies (ArcSight, Q1 Radar, Nitro Security, etc) and IDS/IPS (Sourcefire, Tippingpoint)
- Expert technical and security knowledge in a specialty such as log analysis, incident response, enterprise vulnerability assessment or remediation
- Excellent knowledge and experience designing network security architectures
- Excellent knowledge of capacity planning for network security solutions
- Understanding of network security architecture best practices
- Able to anticipate and mitigate risks as well as define architectural solutions
- Understanding of host security architecture best practices
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to define, document and support systems, policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and within groups. Must be self motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and problem solving skills and be able to interact well with peers and internal customers.
- May be required to work additional hours at monthend/quarter end to support business objectives.
- Limited availability to take leave during peak business cycles to support business objectives.
- US Citizenship required
License and/or Certifications
- CISSP certification preferred
- PMP certification preferred
Additional Requirements of this Position
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- May be required to work additional hours at month end/quarter end to support business objectives
- Limited availability to take leave during peak business cycles to support business objectives
Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Up to $135K
About Threat Squad, Inc
TSI is a small woman owned security consulting company based in Frederick Maryland. We specialize in providing organizations with security professionals on a Direct Hire, Temp-to-perm and Contract basis. About 80% of our job requirements require high level security clearances and most are Direct Placements.
Follow-Up Contact Information
Send resume to info(at)threatsquad.com to apply. For additional information, head on over to its requisition.