Just thought we’d try something like this for those seeking new job opportunities and recruiters looking to hire in our area. This idea basically works just like the Reddit netsec quarterly comment thread but focuses on NoVA and other locales in the metro DC area and uses blog comments instead. For those not familiar with Reddit’s threads here is the overview from their most recent thread.
If you have open positions at your company for information security professionals and would like to hire from the /r/netsec user base, please leave a comment detailing any open job listings at your company.
We would also like to encourage you to post internship positions as well. Many of our readers are currently in school or are just finishing their education.
Rules & Guidelines
- If you are a third party recruiter, you must disclose this in your posting.
- Please be thorough and upfront with the position details.
- Use of non-hr’d (realistic) requirements is encouraged.
- While it’s fine to link to the position on your companies website, provide the important details in the comment.
- Mention if applicants should apply officially through HR, or directly through you.
- Please clearly list citizenship, visa, and security clearance requirements.
To track what’s going on, you can just come back to this post periodically or add a comment and check the box to receive email updates. Anyway … if this type of post seems like something people are interested in, we’ll see about doing them more often.
Today’s post pic is from Technorati.com. See ya!