Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter.
Looking for something to do this week? Look no further as there’s plenty of meetups this week, and you can even attend each and everyone of them! Also be sure to check out @grecs‘ weekend best bets later in the week as we might have something else you’d be interested in. With that said, here are your meetups for this week as well as a preview for next week.
- ISSA DC Meetup – “Social Media Smarts” by Jeani Park at Government Printing Office room A138 from 6:30 to 8:00 PM (more info)
- NovaInfosec Meetup – West – CitySec movement at Velocity Five – Lansdowne from 6:00 to 9:00 PM (more info)
- ISACA CM Meetup – “Mobiles, Smartphones, & Tablets -The Battle Between Good and Evil” by Amber Schroader at CCMIT from 5:30 to 8:30 PM (more info)
- ISSA NoVA Meetup – “FedRAMP: From the FedRAMP PMO, CSP, and 3PAO Perspective” by Matt Goodwich, Michael Carter & James Bowman at Oracle – Reston from 10:45 AM to 8:00 PM (more info)
And for those who would like to plan ahead, here is a preview of events on our calendar for next week.
- Tuesday: ISACA NCA Meetup
- Wednesday: ISSA Baltimore Meetup
- Thursday: Charmsec Meetup
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Nova Labs, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do. And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.