Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter.
Looking for something to do this week? Look no further as there’s plenty of meetups this week, and you can even attend each and everyone of them! Also be sure to check out @grecs‘ weekend best bets later in the week as we might have something else you’d be interested in. With that said, here are your meetups for this week as well as a preview for next week.
- NoVA Hackers Association Meetup – Normal Meetup at QinetiQ – Reston from 5:30 to 8:30 PM (more info)
- ISSA Quantico Meetup – Ray Letteer speaking at Survice Engineering from 5:30 to 7:30 PM (more info)
- NovaInfosec Meetup – East – CitySec movement at Velocity Five – Falls Church from 7:00 to 10:00 PM (more info)
- OWASP NoVA Meetup – “Impact of IPv6 On Your Applications” by Joe Klein at Living Social – Reston from 6:30 to 8:00 PM (more info)
And for those who would like to plan ahead, here is a preview of events on our calendar for next week.
- Tuesday: ISSA DC Meetup
- Wednesday: ISACA CM Meetup & NovaInfosec Meetup – West
- Thursday: ISSA NoVA Meetup
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Nova Labs, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do. And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.