We came across this position working with @webbreacher at Booz Allen. Looks like a nice opportunity for someone with some basic pen testing skills, especially in web assessments. And the best part … work from home 80% of the time with no travel. You’d be part of Booz Allen’s internal pen test team.
And don’t forget … if you happen to apply, please let Booz Allen know you heard about it over on NovaInfosec.com. If your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Junior Web Penetration Tester
Booz Allen Hamilton
- Support the Booz Allen Hamilton internal Information Assurance (IA) program through the application of expert penetration testing techniques, including internally and externally, to identify Web application and system vulnerabilities and test security controls in firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS, and various types of servers, including Windows and UNIX Web, mail, FTP, DNS, Domain Controllers, and applications hosted internally and at vendor locations.
- Provide recommended controls and countermeasures to reduce risk.
- Work with internal and client-team administrators and developers to help them understand and implement server hardening and secure application development principles.
- 1+ years of experience with testing tools, including Nessus, Metasploit, CANVAS, nmap, BurpSuite, and Kismet
- 1+ years of experience with network vulnerability assessments and penetration testing methods
- 1+ years of experience with using, administering, and troubleshooting a major version of Linux
- 1+ years of experience with writing testing assessment reports-Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and networking architectures
- Experience with programming and scripting in Perl, Python, Ruby, bash, or Java
- Experience with wireless LAN security, including testing methods and software
- Knowledge of databases, applications, and Web server design and implementation
- Knowledge of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP
- Possession of excellent written documentation and oral presentation skills
HS diploma or GED-CEH, OSCP, GIAC, GPEN, or GWAPT Certification
About Booz Allen Hamilton
Integrating the full range of consulting capabilities, Booz Allen is the one firm that helps clients solve their toughest problems, working by their side to help them achieve their missions. Booz Allen is committed to delivering results that endure.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For additional information and to apply, head on over to its requisition.