LivingSocial is looking for a passionate candidate that wants to learn and grow their application security skills. They work in a very fast paced and challenging environment located in Washington, DC.
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
The Security Analyst will perform an operational function; executing organization-wide application security assessments. In addition, responsibilities will include assisting and contributing to application security solutions and general day-to-day operations.
It’s a big job, and an important one to LivingSocial. We’re not saying it’s going to be easy. But if you enjoy interacting with people from across the world, while having a major impact on a growing company, this position just might be perfect for you.
- Utilize Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and contribute code to various internal security solutions
- Perform dynamic application security assessments using manual testing techniques for both the LivingSocial brand applications as well as acquisition applications
- Contribute to training materials related to application security for engineering teams
- Contribute to the tracking and metrics solution, which allows us to statistically track maturation of the application security program
- 1-2+ years of experience in positions with a focus on security technologies and controls or web development.
- Passion for web application security.
- Understanding of the OWASP Top 10.
- Familiarity with web penetration testing tools.
- Cursory knowledge of programming concepts.
- Knowledgeable on the latest threats within the application security space.
- Ability to adapt culturally to a fast-paced, e-commerce environment.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Hungry to learn
- Ability to meet deadlines
LivingSocial is the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city. We help local businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers and give merchants the tools to make our members their regulars. Based in Washington, DC, we have more than 70 million members around the world.
At LivingSocial, we move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and ferociously committed to executing each day. Do you want to be challenged by your job and be surrounded by passionate, dedicated, and creative people? Are you hungry? If so, we want to invest in you!
Follow-Up Contact Information