The Advisory Board Company is looking for an Application Security Lead. From what we have heard this is a fun company to work for, which is always a plus. This looks like a good opportunity for someone who wants to grow an application security team.
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Application Security Lead
The Advisory Board Company
The Application Security Lead will work within the Information Security Group and have responsibility for ensuring that company applications are developed securely and application vulnerabilities are resolved. The ideal candidate will be able to conduct reliable application penetration tests, work with developers and development managers to eliminate application vulnerabilities, and continue to build on the strategic framework for application security. This person will report to the Director of Information Security, and have input into the budgeting and staffing needed to meet the group’s requirements. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting “Black Box” and “White Box” penetration testing against various internal- and external- facing applications.
- Managing the resolution of application security vulnerabilities.
- Ensuring adherence to application security policies and procedures.
- Working with development and operational leaders to embed application security testing and risk modeling into the software development life cycle.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in conducting technical security assessments
- Proven understanding of how to conduct end-to-end application architecture and security evaluations
- Proven understanding of Agile development methodology
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting various types of application penetration tests.
- Experience with industry standard application security testing tools
- Strong knowledge of designing, deploying, and maintaining security architectures in high transaction business applications
- Experience building network of relationships across function
- Demonstrated capability to work in high-transaction business application environment and with geographically-distributed teams
- Experience with Java, or .NET development platforms
- Experience utilizing scripting languages
- Demonstrated understanding of how risk modeling fits into the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated understanding of security management frameworks such as the NIST 800 series
- Proven knowledge of software development life cycle and experience with security applications and technology
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
About the Company
The Advisory Board Company is a global research, technology, and consulting firm partnering with 150,000 leaders in 3,700+ organizations across health care and higher education.
Through our innovative membership model, we collaborate with executives and their teams to elevate performance and solve their most pressing challenges. We provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For additional information and to apply, head on over to its requisition.