This looks like an interesting position with a local security startup. Unfortunately, our contact can’t release the name of the company until application however … we trust her. They are looking for a strong security engineer with strategic leadership mindset.
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
IT Security Engineer
- Will be responsible for initiating, planning, and executing security projects both individually and in a team environment, including, but not limited to: Vulnerability Management, Log Management, SOX Compliance, PCI Compliance, Project Management, Vendor Review, Security Monitoring, Metrics Collection and Reporting, Inter-departmental Collaboration
- Will be responsible for managing Security Team personnel and activities.
- Will provide corporate interface with executives and Board of Directors on matters of IT Security.
- Will create, purchase, implement, and maintain necessary scripts, products, or services supporting LSI security needs and initiatives.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant to the organization on current technologies, best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Creates, implements, documents, and publishes security policies and procedures.
- Provides direct and indirect oversight to all employees and third parties, ensuring proper information security in accordance with established organizational information security policies and procedures.
- Performs information security risk assessments and serves as an internal auditor for security issues.
- Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the organization’s network, acting as a liaison to all departments in this capacity.
- Monitors compliance with information security policies and procedures and regulatory requirements (SOX/PCI).
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness within the organization.
- Participates in incident handling and incident documentation.
- Graduate-level degree in Computer Science or equivalent desired.
- Experience implementing security solutions in both technical and leadership capacities.
- At least 3 years’ experience in infrastructure or application-level testing and auditing.
- At least 3 years of system, network, or application security experience.
- Extremely strong technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Development experience in Java, Python, or Perl.
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and exploit development / Proof-of-Concept.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills.
- Must be capable of maintaining, prioritizing, and executing a heavy load of tasks and projects.
- Self-motivated, independent contributor
About the Company
Will be disclose upon application.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For more information contact Eve Adams with Halock Security Labs at [email protected].