Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter.
We’ve got a couple of meetups this week that we are sure that you will enjoy. And also be sure to check out @grecs‘ weekend best bets later in the week as we might have something else you’d be interested in. With that said, here are your meetups for this week as well as a preview for next week.
- ISACA CM Meetup – “Cyber Counterintelligence: Paradigm Shift to Counterstrike Strategies” by Jarrett Kolthoff at CCMIT from 10:45 AM to 4:30 PM (more info)
- NovaInfosec Meetup – East – CitySec movemen at Velocity Five – Falls Church from 7:00 to 10:00 PM (more info)
And for those who would like to plan ahead, here is a preview of events on our calendar for next week.
- Tuesday: ISACA NCA Meetup and ISSA DC Meetup
- Wednesday: NovaInfosec Meetup – West
- Thursday: ISSA NoVA Meetup
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Nova Labs, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do. And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.