Booz Allen Hamilton is looking for … not just a pen tester … but a Cyber Pen Tester. I guess many are prone to throw the term “cyber” around just because it catches a few more eyeballs. Anyway, this position seems like a good fit for a candidate that has moderate experience with testing tools, network vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing. Educational requirements for this position are … can you believe this … a HS Diploma or GED equivalent. It’s nice to see major companies realizing that you don’t necessarily need some fancy degree to get the job done.
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Cyber Penetration Tester
Booz Allen Hamilton
Support the Booz Allen Hamilton internal Information Assurance (IA) program through the application of penetration testing techniques against applications and servers hosted internally and at vendor locations. Identify security flaws in mobile computing platforms and mobile applications and devise strategies and techniques to mitigate identified cyber security risks. Perform the application and network penetration testing and wireless security assessments. Apply offensive cyber security testing techniques, coordinate testing projects with internal and external system owners. Apply excellent oral and written communication skills to report the nature of identified cyber security risks and recommend risk mitigation measures to improve the cyber security posture of the firm.
- 3+ years of experience with testing tools, including Nessus, Metasploit, CANVAS, nmap, BurpSuite, and Kismet
- 3+ years of experience with network vulnerability assessments and penetration testing methods
- 3+ years of experience with writing testing assessment reports
- 2+ years of experience with using, administering, and troubleshooting a major version of Linux-Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and networking architectures
- Experience with programming and scripting in Perl, Python, Ruby, bash, or Java
- Experience with wireless LAN security, including testing methods and software
- Knowledge of database, applications, and Web server design and implementation
- Knowledge of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP
- Possession of excellent written documentation and oral presentation skills
Ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
HS diploma or GED
About Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen leverages its past to help clients prepare for the future. Our legacy in management consulting enables us to see, hear, and innovate on behalf of our clients in ways our competitors cannot. Each day, we look beyond the requirements of a single client engagement to address the broader context of our client’s mission and business goals. Our approach is framed by the key distinction that we don’t have customers, we serve clients. Our long track record of client satisfaction is evidenced by this: We have relationships that go back an average of more than 20 years with our 10 largest client organizations. Our ability to meet and exceed client expectations originates in a well-established collaborative culture uniquely supported by the firm’s operating model.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For additional information and to apply, head on over to its requisition.