So the “Announcement of instructs for electronic voting” was released in early November and now the time to create change is upon us. The instructions look a little different from last year’s “announcement” (see comments) so perhaps this is some other official communication they have to release.
Anyway, you basically get to check off and/or write-in up to four names. The important thing to note for the “Four Horseman” that didn’t make it on the ballot is that their name must match the candidate’s name of record.
If you are interested in supporting the “Four Horseman” simply follow the instructions below.
- Scot Terban (aka @krypt3ia; platform)
- Boris Sverdlik (aka @jadedsecurity; platform)
- Christopher Nickerson (aka @indi303; platform)
Here’s how the voting process went for me… I just went to https://www.isc2.org/, clicked on Members Only, and logged in. In the center of the screen under Special Announcements there was an entry for “(ISC)² Board of Directors Election – Cast Your Vote!”. After some introductory text, I noticed a large Vote Now! graphic and clicked on it. The site made me log in again but after that I was presented with their ballot form as you can see below. I checked Dave, wrote in the rest of the Four Horseman, completed the captcha, and hit the Vote Now button.
Anyway, that was basically it. Regardless of whether you voted for one of the “Four Horsemen” or any of the other candidates, why not take part in our Exit Poll…
Click Here to Take Exit Poll (via SurveyMonkey.com)
If you are interested here is the official “instructions” email from (ISC)2 with a few important things highlighted…
The election for the 2012 (ISC)² Board of Directors begins on November 16. We encourage all of you to participate in the election process, because as a member-driven organization, your vote helps set the direction of (ISC)² over the next year. Here’s everything you need to know to cast your vote:
1. Voting is done electronically via the secure side of the (ISC)² website at www.isc2.org. You can only cast one ballot; there will be NO voting in person.
2. To record your vote beginning 16 November 2012, please complete the online ballot linked from https://www.isc2.org/memberlogin.aspx (link will not be live until election begins).
3. You will be required to Log onto the Services Page by entering your User ID and Password.
4. Background information for each candidate is available by clicking that candidate’s name.
5. To cast your ballot, check off or write in up to 4 candidates. No more than one vote per candidate will be counted.
6. If you elect to cast a write-in vote, please ensure the name matches the candidate’s name of record. Variations in spelling that create doubt as to who you are voting for will NOT BE COUNTED! (e.g. James E. Brown vs. Jimmy Brown vs. J. Brown vs. James Brown)
ELECTRONIC BALLOTING WILL BEGIN 16 NOVEMBER AT 8:00 a.m. EST AND CLOSE 30 NOVEMBER 2012 AT 5:00 p.m. EST.
So anywhere there you have it … the official electronic voting instructions.
Are you an ISC2 member in good standing and already voted? If so, why not let us know in the comments below. It’s not an “I Voted!” sticker but it’s better than nothing. Today’s post pic is from Twitter.com courtesy @integgroll. See ya!