We came across this job post on and thought it might be a good fit for some of those more experienced out there. No clearance is required so that’s a nice refreshing feel for a job around DC. Plus the position is located out in Reston, which sounds like a good location for those that may live further out.
And don’t forget … if you organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
Code, test, and debug new software and make enhancements to existing software and systems to render their use more efficient. Using knowledge of systems engineering or computer programming, troubleshoot existing systems and streamline their operation. Maintain, patch, and program operating systems to allow applications running on them to function efficiently. May document standard operation of a system or technical measures taken or recommended to improve a system’s functionalities.
Key Job Functions
- Assign staff and monitor their conduct of platform or operating system vulnerability scans that assess exposure of system to attacks or hacking.
- Monitor Security Operations pager and respond to issues of potential viral activity, spam, phishing, etc.
- Develop and administer controls and review their application to ensure that system’s controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively relative to the predicted effectiveness of the controls.
- Manage or lead investigation of events or incidents of apparent security breaches and report to appropriate authorities using corporate procedures.
- Confer and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure that appropriate controls are installed, operating properly, and being monitored and reported.
- May plan and/or conduct tests of the core infrastructure and the contingency environment for critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a computer security incident.
- Review aggregated metrics of operation of security controls, as well as apparent attacks, breaches, and other pertinent data before referring to management.
- Plan and manage projects designed to test defenses against hacking, denial of service, spam, break-ins, or similar attacks. Provide guidance to infrastructure or application staff participating in exercise.
- Examine and/or test new methodologies or tools that could be adopted to enhance security of platforms, infrastructure, or access to data.
- Contribute to growth of less experienced staff through assignment, mentoring, and technical training.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 8 years of related experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership background.
- Experience in Security Operations within a 24×7 environment.
- Strong knowledge of cyber incident response, data security technologies, threat intelligence processes.
- Strong knowledge of SIEM technologies.
- Strong knowledge of information security principles and industry best practices.
- Experience with computer forensics
- CISSP/CISM is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration’s Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation’s housing recovery.
Follow-Up Contact Information
For additional information and to apply, head on over to its requisition.