Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter.
Light week, with nothing serious and all you have to do is just show up and be ready to talk shop. With that said, here are your meetups for this week and as well as a preview for next week…
- InfraGard NCMA Meetup – “The Insider Threat” by Terry Valois & Robert Spelbrink at Lockheed Martin – Crystal City from 5:00 to 8:00 PM (more info)
- NovaInfosec Meetup – CitySec-style bar meetup at Velocity Five – Falls Church from 6:30 to 9:30 PM (more info)
And for those who would like to plan ahead, here is a preview of events on our calendar for next week.
- Monday: NoVA Hackers Association Meetup
- Tuesday: ISSA DC Meetup
- Wednesday: OWASP DC Meetup
- Thursday: ISSA NoVA Meetup
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do.
And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.