In honor of this week informally being called “Cyber Week” with all the legislation up for grabs on the hill as discussed yesterday, we thought it would be an appropriate topic for this weeks survey. As mentioned yesterday the bills we’ve come across that are being voted on this week include the following.
- Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA)
- Federal Information Security Amendments Act (FISCAM)
- Cybersecurity Enhancement Act
- Advancing America’s Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Act
There are some in the community that say we need such legislation to update or better define existing laws to be more relevant in today’s world. Others say that existing laws are good enough and that these bills are only being used to serve someone’s agenda. What do you think?
Is new cyber legislation needed?
- Definitely not ... the new bills are there only to fulfill an agenda. (82%, 9 Votes)
- Probably not but I'd like to see existing ones better interpreted. (9%, 1 Votes)
- Neither ... I feel neutral on this subject. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Probably so but nothing too significant. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Yes definitely ... existing laws are way too vague and out of date. (9%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 11
If there are other answers I may have missed or opinions you want to mention, please add them to the comments below. And as usual let us know if there are other poll questions you’d like to see us ask. Today’s post pic is from SableVerity.com. See ya!