I’ve written about SharePoint before and felt that it’s ok security-wise if you configure it right. But then last week I saw a talk at AppSecDC titled “SharePoint Security 101” and am … very scared to say the least. See my summary of the SharePoint talk here.
So I pass the question on to the NoVA and Metro DC security community as a whole…
Is SharePoint security salvageable or should Microsoft start over from scratch?
- I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It's ok as it is. (14%, 3 Votes)
- Well with just a few tweeks it should be fine. (14%, 3 Votes)
- It requires a pretty good overhaul to get it where it needs to be. (18%, 4 Votes)
- Microsoft should just dump it and start over. (14%, 3 Votes)
- Don't ever #%&?! use SharePoint. (suggested by @Terminal_136) (41%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 22
If there are other answers I may have missed or opinions you want to mention, please add them to the comments below. And as usual let us know if there are other poll questions you’d like to see us ask. Today’s post pic is from BanglaVision.com (attacker annotation by @grecs). See ya!