Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. If you would like your event listed in our Calendar and in this post, let us know through our Submit Event form or mention it to @grecs on Twitter.
It looks like this will be the busiest week in March and we are sure that there’s something for everyone but we suggest attending Tuesday’s ISACA CM meetup as the topic looks pretty interesting. With that said, here are your meetups for this week and as well as a preview for next week……
- ISACA NCA Meetup – “IT Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC)” at Holiday Inn – Rosslyn at Key Bridge from 7:30 am to 4:30 PM (more info)
- ISACA CM Meetup – “Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing (SAP) Reporting and Auditing” & “Managing/Controlling IT Costs” by Heather Vahovich & Scott Higgins at the conference center at the Maritime Institute of Technology from 7:30 am to 4:00 PM (more info)
- OWASP NoVA Meetup – “AppSensor Project” by John Melton at Living Social – Reston from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (more info)
- ISSA NoVA Meetup – “Current Trends in Privacy” by Patty Edfors, Chris Cwalina, & PJ Warwick at ICF International from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM (more info)
- OWASP DC Meetup – “Application Footprinting” by Alissa Torres at Living Social from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM (more info)
Here’s is a preview of events on our calendar for next week.
- Tuesday: ISSA DC Meetup
Remember that Baltimore Node, HacDC, Reverse Space, and Unallocated Space are four local hacker spaces that also hold several standard activities each week … so check them out for more fun stuff to do.
And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.