The good folks over at Akamai are looking to hire two security architect positions based out of Reston. Below is the first one. It looks a little more on the “salesy” side than I’d normally go for but you might get to work with @rybolov!
And don’t forget … if your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details. Well anyway … on to the job post.
About the Job
Enterprise Security Architects (ESA’s) are technical professionals supporting both presales and post sales security activities. They employ industry vertical and technical expertise to diagnose customer business challenges and technical needs and prescribe solutions that address customer security needs. ESA’s help scale Akamai’s global security expertise by establishing good tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP’s) for mitigating security challenges with Akamai solutions. ESA’s train Akamai security subject matter experts around the globe on these good practices in order to drive consistency, scale capability, and grow security acumen in order to better serve customer needs.
As a Senior ESA in Akamai’s Global Security Center of Excellence, you will partner closely with Sales and field service and support personnel in an overlay role to acquire new customers, expand our positions within existing customers, drive consistency in Akamai’s global delivery of security solutions, and grow the Akamai business as it relates to Akamai’s Security portfolio of products and services.
You will support the field integrated account teams to engage prospects on security issues throughout the customer lifecycle, providing our customers with insight into Akamai’s security practices, technologies, and solutions. You will work independently and with small teams in satisfying individual customer requests, including Executive Briefings, contract discussions, technical design, and product requirements. This includes partnering with a cross-functional set of Akamai teams, including Sales, Engineering, Product Development, Finance, Legal, and Professional Services.
- Work closely with direct and channel sales representatives to educate existing and prospective customers on how they can incorporate Akamai Security products and services into their architecture and operations to derive business value.
- Support the technical pre-sales process for field teams and evangelize Akamai Security solutions and services to customers by participating in conference calls, site visits, presentations, product demonstrations, technical trial evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and any needed customer follow up activities.
- Define the technical/security aspects of customer proposals, meeting customer requirements and Akamai quality control standards.
- Coordinate with Sales and other parts of Global Services and Support to transition customers from the pre-sales to implementation phase, provide post sale product and service consultation, and capitalize on post sale “value confirmation” opportunities.
- Work closely with Product Management and related subject matter experts to understand and influence Security product roadmaps, providing valuable input from the field/customer perspective.
- Document and establish good tactics, techniques, and procedures to enable consistent, best in class security solution sales and delivery around the globe.
- Create, update, deliver, and maintain security related training for audiences such as existing or potential customers, Akamai direct Sales, Akamai internal services and support, or Akamai Channel partners to meet the needs of the business.
- Exhibit high standards of proficiency and leadership, including the ability to act as a subject matter expert, brief executives and/or developers, mentor junior staff, and deliver effective training.
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 25-50%).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Overall Experience: Minimum of 9 years
- Minimum of 3 years experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering and/or supporting technical products or services
- Minimum of 5 years experience with security technologies, processes, and concepts such as PKI, SSL, Identity Management, firewalls, NIST 800-53, FIPS-140-2, Authentication & Authorization, Client Certificates, OCSP, web application security, etc.
- Industry security certifications such as CISSP, GIAC and CEH.
- Must be able to convey a powerful security narrative.
- Must be enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
- Deep experience with fundamental Internet protocols: TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, FTP, DNS.
- Programming experience – C, C++, J2EE, .NET, Flash/Flex, Web services and website development.
- Experience with applied Web Application security technologies, Internet technologies, including ecommerce, online marketing, online advertising, digital media, video streaming, content management systems, content publishing systems, Web analytics and Internet security.
- Experience with enterprise and data center networks, system design and operation, infrastructure design and build out, caching proxies, routing, switching and load balancing.
- Project management experience.