Here’s an interesting position from Fannie Mae. They’re looking for someone with a few years experience to do a wide range of security testing and evaluations. Sounds fun to me!
Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration’s Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation’s housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit FannieMae.com.
Design and administer procedures in the organization that sustain the security of the organization’s data and access to its technology and communications systems. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization’s systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May lead or execute simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization’s data security measures.
Key Job Functions
- Conduct platform or operating system vulnerability scans which assess exposure of system to attacks or hacking. Respond to questions regarding viral activity, concerns about spam/phishing etc. Produce reports.
- Serve as organization’s POC for the third party certification of security procedures and use of cyber security protections. Ensure that system’s security controls, policies and procedures examined, measured and validated against third party standards.
- Design, plan and implement test strategies to support the core infrastructure in the contingency environment for all critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a major business interruption or disaster.
- Lead projects as related to technology refresh/evaluation such as Load Balancing and SSL technology. Research corrective measures (long term solutions) needed for any chronic issues identified that compromise security of particular systems or platforms.
- Participate in developing and testing of new methodologies and systems for recovery of the critical core business processes and the enterprise infrastructure.
- May serve as technical lead or project lead in projects involving testing defenses against hacking, Denial of service, spam, break-ins, or related attacks. Provide technical guidance to less senior staff or applications developers/systems administrators.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Perform technical security vulnerability assessments against Fannie Mae applications.
- Provide expert guidance on mitigation strategies and effective system configurations.
- Work closely with system owners to coordinate testing and clearly articulate issues and assessment findings.
- Remain current on vulnerabilities and potential impacts as well as tools and techniques.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification desired.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position looks like the right fit, email Erin Reilly at erin underscore reilly at fanniemae dot com or call her directly at 202-752-1126. The reference number for this position is 30565.
If your organization is interested in posting their career opportunities here, head on over to our Job Board page for all the details.