Wow, here is a great position for anyone looking to break into the security field! You would be a junior security engineer working as part of the security team for a large utility company in Springfield, VA. Ideally, the candidate would have at least three of the “Required Skills” listed below.
- Conduct automated and manual vulnerability testing on major applications and network infrastructures
- Develop, implement, and execute a technical assessment test plan
- Create detailed assessment reports which include detailed system overviews, risk analysis calculations and findings matrix
- Perform penetration testing to ensure group-level policies are working within compliance
- Perform daily Intrusion Detection Sensor (IDS) monitoring to ensure that all sensors are active
- Review the Security Information Management (SIM) tool interface, as the tool correlates and aggregates alert data from multiple IDS sensor types and additional security devices
- Review alerts and packet-level data collected from sensors and sourcefire installation on a daily basis and report findings the Security Lead
- Support the Security Lead in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories, Situational Awareness Reports (SARs) and bulletins as required
- Conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating, responding to and mitigating unauthorized access to information or information systems
- Perform other Network Security/Information Assurance tasks as assigned
- Experience in system assessments
- Experience with network (router, switch, firewall configuration) and database (Oracle, SQL) security scanning
- Experience with Arcsight, Tripwire, or Sourcefire is a plus
- Experience working with Nessus, Foundstone, Web Inspect, and AppDetective vulnerability scanning tools is desired
- Familiarity with nmap, NetStumbler, Burp, and BackTrack is a plus
- Experience conducting vulnerability testing on Windows, UNIX, Solaris and Linux based systems
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), or similar security professional certification desired
- Demonstrated oral/written communications, and client facing skills
Last but not least, the Salary Range for this position is $50k-$60k to start.
Interested candidates can contact Tamara.Truitt at truittsolutionsllc dot com for additional information.