Where do you want to be this week? Now you’ll always know with our “Where You Want to Be This Week” feature, which will tell you about infosec meetups happening in your local area as of Sunday night. The place to be this week is at one of the three area ISSA chapters; they look very busy this week.
- NoVA Hackers Association Meetup – No formal presentation but instead will be several approximately 20 minute talks by a few of the attendees at ICF International (9300 Lee Highway Fairfax, VA 22031) from 5:30 to 8:30 PM (more info)
- ISACA NCA Meetup – “Healthcare IT and Privacy” by several speakers from the Office of National Coordinator (ONC) for Health IT-HHS and industry practitioners (IBM, QSSI, Ernst & Young, CNSI) at Holiday Inn Rosslyn (1900 North Fort Myer Drive Arlington, VA 22209) from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM (more info)
- ISSA DC Meetup – “How I learned to stop worrying and love compliance” by Ron Gula of Tenable at Government Printing Office (732 North Capitol Street Washington, DC, 20401; room A138) from 6:30 to 8:00 PM (more info)
- ISSA Baltimore Meetup – “Security challenges faced by small to medium sized companies” by Michael A Figueroa of InfusionPoints at Cobham Analytic Solutions (7110 Samuel Morse Drive Columbia, MD 21046; 2nd floor) from 4:30 to 6:30 PM (more info)
- ISSA NoVA Meetup – “Evolving Network Security for Today’s Network Usage and Threats” by Lee Klarich of Palo Alto Networks at Noblis (3150 Fairview Park Drive South Falls Church, VA 22042) from 5:30 to 8:30 PM (more info)
And be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter at @novainfosec and @grecs to be alerted about any last-minute events or to receive updates on the meetups listed above. Finally, check out our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around NoVA, DC, and MD.