Gemini Security Solutions is looking for a computer hacker. Our employees are all ‘computer hackers’. We don’t ‘hack in’ to systems, we just enjoy spending lots of quality time in front of the computer. We’re looking for a person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to someone who just wants to use software out of the box.
If you wish to be hired in this position, be prepared to explain your ‘hacker’ tendencies — we’re not looking for someone that just uses computers from 9-5.
We tend to not list specific skills we are looking for, because we are interested in hiring smart people who enjoy learning new things, working with computers, and are able to share their knowledge with others. We prefer people with software development education and experience, or information security experience, but we’re not too picky. Sales experience wouldn’t hurt; in a small company, every employee must be part salesperson to keep the company growing.
We’re looking for individuals with any amount of experience, whether you are fresh out of school or been working for 10 years. As a result, the salary offer we make will really depend on your experience. Here are some things we’re looking for in an employee. The more of these that match you, the better–but the most important is that you are a hacker who can communicate ideas well.
- You have experience developing in C/C++/C#, Java, or .NET.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- You love learning new things.
- You can write technical documents (in English).
- You have any information security experience.
- You are familiar with Regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, NIST SP800-37
- You play with computers as a hobby, not just a job.
- You have an MCSE, MCSD, CISSP, and/or CISA Certification.
- You have experience with HP-UX, IBM AS/400, and/or Oracle JDEdwards EnterpriseOne
- You have Systems Certification & Accreditation experience
How to Apply:
If this job describes what you want to do, please email your resume and contact information to [email protected]. If you don’t include the following, your email won’t be read:
- Your resume
- Your salary requirements
- Your citizenship status (some of our work requires citizens)
- Dates in the next few weeks when you are available to interview
- Date when you would be able to start
- Reference job #CHNI1 in your submission so we know not to just delete it as spam.
It’s not fair that we just find out information about you. You probably want some information about us, as well. Please visit our website to find out the types of work we do, and to learn about our customer base. And while you wait to hear back about your application, go to our blog securitymusings.com and join in the discussion of information security-related topics.