This week, we saw a lot of tweets relating to DojoSec, which included information on Dojosec videos and related pictures.
- RT: @dojosec: DojoSec Monthly Briefings April pictures @ http://blog.dustinlfritz.com #
- RT @marcusjcarey “The first “That Security Show” episode will be taped April 18th – Follow @securityshow to participate #dojosec” #
- RT @marcusjcarey back from the studio, got the April DojoSec videos done, upping as I tweet #
- RT @marcusjcarey DojoSec Monthly Briefings – April 2009 – Rob Fuller AKA @mubix > http://vimeo.com/4108726 #
- RT @marcusjcarey DojoSec Monthly Briefings – April 2009 – Joseph McCray > http://vimeo.com/4109188 #
- RT @marcusjcarey DojoSec Monthly Briefings – April 2009 – Matthew Watchinski > http://vimeo.com/4110571 #
- RT @marcusjcarey All DojoSec Monthly Briefings for April 2009 videos are live. #
- RT @marcusjcarey >> http://vimeo.com/4110944 << Wrkn on “concept” 4 “That Security Show” intro, pls share comments/suggestions #
We also spent a lot of time tweeting with Marcus J. Carey (DojoSec founder) this week, discussing everything from the latest DojoSec meetup videos and pictures to our latest adventures with the Mac we bought for our parents.
- @marcusjcarey Lol. Just got first macbook 4 parents. Spent weekend setting it up 4 when deliver it over Easter. So much smoother than Win. in reply to marcusjcarey #
The most awesome things about Macs? Lower security risk, which would have been great for all of the people who felt the wrath of Conficker this week.
- RT @mubix “RT @eeye: [email protected]ViperGeek Conficker wakes up, updates, drops payload http://ff.im/-21gA9” #
- IT’S ALIVE: If u haven’t heard, Conficker is on the move. Smart of owners to wait week after all media attention. http://tinyurl.com/db7hwp #
- ANOTHER CONFICKER UPDATE ARTCILE: Nice #commentary over at SecurityFocus. http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/942 #
- CONFICKER IS ABOUT $$$: Really? This article pretty much states the obvious. http://tinyurl.com/c4sqlu #
In addition to Conficker, their was a lot of tweeting about general security news this week, including problems with social networking, identity and security, and insecure security tools.
- INSECURE SECURITY TOOLS: All s/w prob has some type of vulns. Here severl AV companies have had probs. http://tinyurl.com/dyzwsd #commentary #
- IDENTITY & SECURITY: Nice CNET article about what large companies need to do to improve security. http://tinyurl.com/d9dntz #commentary #
- MORE PROBS W/ SOCIAL NETWORKING: Schneier points to interesting study that identified people using anonymous data. http://tinyurl.com/d8jzbc #
Local infosec bloggers provided excellent insight and commentary about some of these issues.
- RT: @carnal0wnage: [blog post] Using the Metasploit SMB Sniffer Module and HALFLM password crackinghttp://tinyurl.com/d9jk7d #novablogger #
- RT: @cyberhiker: New Blog Post: To Pen Test or Not To Pen Test .. that is the question. http://is.gd/rfR2 #novablogger #
- SUPPORT OUR NOVAINFOSECER: @carnal0wnage’s blog made it in top 5 of the RSA Social Security Awards. http://tinyurl.com/caoobo #novablogger #
- RT @carnal0wnage “Maltego Part II Infrastructure Enumeration http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/251/1/” #novablogger #
- CSAM MENTIONED: Been looking for this C&A toolkit ref. Remember hearing about it few years back. http://tinyurl.com/csbdg9 #novablogger #
- RT @carnal0wnage “[blog post] More on Incognito with Metasploit http://tinyurl.com/dxbqlz” #novablogger #
And lastly, security professionals encountered more news that simply stated the obvious.
- RT: @IBMFedCyber: “A bad econ is unquestionably bad for security” – Job cuts leaving IT sys open to attack: http://twurl.nl/vda6yj #infosec #
- INSIDER THREATS: Study says many don’t focus on. What makes worse are insiders a la 0wned PCs in orgs. http://tinyurl.com/cun35g #commentary #
Don’t forget! You can now buy your SANS training through us. Doing so will help us expand the site so we can provide you with even more security information you won’t be able to get enough of.