The upcoming ISSA – Baltimore Chapter infosec meetup event on Wednesday, January 28th promises to be both interesting and controversial. An open panel discussion moderated by Sean Steele, the ISSA – Baltimore Chapter Website promises that the meetup will focus on the “best practices for establishing and verifying controls for data destruction, including magnetic degaussing, Triple Overwrite/DOD Standard 5220, physical shredding, and Secure Erase methods.” The meetup will also focus on operational considerations, open source tools that are currently available, COTS applications, and commercial services.
If you have an expertise in any of these areas, or would like to learn more about them, a panel discussion is the perfect place to do it. You can ask questions, share your knowledge, or sit back and learn from others in the field.
To learn more about this meetup, continue reading below.
- Who: Sean Steele of infoLock Technologies
- What: Panel discussion: “Data Doesn’t Die: Strategies for Data Decommissioning”
- A discussion that will focus on magnetic degaussing, Triple Overwrite/DOD Standard 5220, physical shredding, Secure Erase methods, operational considerations, open source tools, COTS applications, and commercial services.
- When: 01-28, 4:30 – 6:30 PM EST
- Where: SPARTA (7110 Samuel Morse Drive, 2nd Floor; Columbia, MD 21046)
For more information on the ISSA – Baltimore Chapter, see its description in our NoVA Meetups section. View our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around the NoVA area. Here is a link to the page with information on this meetup.