Here is some information regarding this week’s Thursday ISSA – NoVA Chapter infosec meetup event. There seems to be lots of SCAP related training going on lately; the following week NIST is holding their IT Security Automation Conference, which seems to focus on SCAP as well.
- Who: Andrew Buttner, The MITRE Corporation
- What: A Technical Introduction of SCAP
- The presentation will focus on a technical introduction of SCAP and how FDCC is leveraging this to enable automated evaluation of a given system. An overview of each of the six IA Standards that SCAP leverages will be given, as well as how SCAP uses these standards to enable automated assessment. The SCAP Validation program will be addressed in order to help the audience understand how the standards are enforced within the community and how trust in the SCAP can be achieved. The presentation will finish with an overview of FDCC and how SCAP is hoping to make this all a success.
- When: 9/18, 5:30 (doors open) & 6:30 (meeting starts) PM EST
- Where: Oracle Corporation (1910 Oracle Way; Reston, VA 20190)
For more information on the ISSA – NoVA Chapter, see its description in our NoVA Meetups section. View our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around the NoVA area. Here is a link to the page with information on this meetup.