Here is some information regarding this week’s Wednesday OWASP – DC/MD Local Chapter infosec meetup event. Upon arriving please go to the 9th floor and sign in. Someone will escort you to the meeting location (room 8S026). If you are late and can not get in, please call (202) 270-8715.
- Who: Rex Booth, Grant Thornton LLP & Matt Fisher
- Booth – Introduction to OWASP
- Fisher – The Big Picture: Web Risks and Assessments Beyond Scanning: This talk will focus on the need to run risk and threat model software and pick appropriate people, tools, and testing techniques to test against the threat model. In today’s resource-constrained market many organizations are simply turning to automation to test their software security without truly understanding the limitations. This talk will discuss some of the broader threat cases, testing techniques for them, and whether current state of the industry technology is effective against them.
- Group Discussion – Security Conference Review: BlackHat & DefCon
- When: 8/20, 6:30 PM EDT
- Where: Deloitte & Touche (1001 G Street NW; Washington, DC 20001)
For more information on the OWASP – DC/MD Local Chapter, see its description in our NoVA Meetups section. See our Calendar for a complete list of infosec events in and around the NoVA area. Here is a link to the page with information on this meetup.