Here is some information regarding this week’s Thursday OWASP – VA Local Chapter infosec meetup event. Pizza will be provided for a small fee. If you plan on attending, RSVP to Stan Wisseman (email available in their post – linked below) so they can get your badge processing started.
- Who: Karen Mercedes Goertzel, Booz Allen & Shawn Hank, Veracode
- Goertzel – “Software Assurance and the Insider Threat”: Karen is a subject matter expert in software assurance and information assurance, particularly multilevel secure systems and cross-domain information sharing. She supports the DHS SwA Program and the National Security Agency’s Center for Assured Software, and was lead technologist for 3 years on the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Application Security Program. Karen was lead author of IATAC’s the state-of-the-art reports in software security assurance and insider threats. This talk will combine the two topics.
- Hank – “Protecting Your Applications From Backdoors: How Static Binary Analysis Helps Build High-Assurance Applications”: Backdoors and malicious code pose operational risk to software at a level too significant for organizations to ignore. The common practices of outsourcing and using third-party libraries are making modern application development increasingly complex. As a result, it is nearly impossible for an enterprise to identify the pedigree and security level of the software running their business-critical applications and handling their customers’ personally identifiable information.
- When: 8/14, 6:00 – 9:00 PM EDT
- Where: Booz Allen, One Dulles Facility (13200 Woodland Park Road; Herndon, VA 20171)