Here is some information regarding this week’s Thursday OWASP – VA Local Chapter infosec meetup event. This looks to be another set of great talks. Too bad we’ll have to decide between this meeting and NoVA Sec’s. Pizza will be provided for a small fee. If you plan on attending, RSVP so they can get your badge processing started.
- Who: David Wheeler & Shawn Hank, Veracode
- Wheeler – Open Source Software Security
- Hank – Protecting Your Applications from Backdoors: Backdoors and malicious code pose operational risk to software at a level too significant for organizations to ignore. The common practices of outsourcing and using third-party libraries are making modern application development increasingly complex. As a result, it is nearly impossible for an enterprise to identify the pedigree and security level of the software running their business-critical applications and handling their customers’ personally identifiable information. Shawn will discuss different attack and detection methods.
- When: 6/12, 6:00 – 9:00 PM EST
- Where: Booz Allen, One Dulles Facility (13200 Woodland Park Road; Herndon, VA 20171)