Here is some information regarding this week’s Thursday OWASP – VA Local Chapter infosec meetup event. Pizza is being provided by Fortify this month. If you need/want to provide a contribution, you can. If you plan on attending, RSVP so they can get you badge processing started.
- Who: Fredric Golding / Robert Rachwald
- The New Face of CyberCrime Viewing: Attend a private viewing of the film, “The New Face of CyberCrime,” by Academy Award-nominated Filmmaker Fredric Golding. This revealing documentary features candid interviews with criminal hackers and those industry executives taking steps against their persistent attacks. The film is 20 minutes in length and we will follow up with discussion.
- Integrating Security into the QA Group: Until recently, Web Application Testing was left to security teams and ethical hackers who used advanced tools, such as Web application scanners, to analyze running Web applications. However, security groups are becoming overburdened by product releases, and many organizations are attempting to move security testing earlier in the development cycle. The QA group is a natural candidate, since it generally has the infrastructure in place to test applications for quality issues. However, for many organizations, integrating security into the QA group has been incredibly difficult. The process of running a security test is a learned skill, and not something one can teach a QA tester in a matter of days. On top of that, most security testing tools were designed for penetration testers (since they require an in-depth knowledge of application security theory) and are not generally usable by QA professionals. As a result, very few QA groups have successfully adopted security testing.
- When: 5/8, 6:00 – 9:00 PM EST
- Where: Booz Allen, One Dulles Facility (13200 Woodland Park Road; Herndon, VA 20171)