Here is some information regarding this week’s Thursday OWASP – VA Local Chapter infosec meetup event. It looks like two great presentations tonight! Pizza will be available for a small fee. If you plan on attending, RSVP so they can get you badge processing started.
- Who: Ed Tracy; Zed Abbadi
- What: GSSP Certification; Building Usable Security
- SANS Software Security Institute & the GSSP Certification: Ed Tracy is an Associate of Booz Allen. Ed has been very involved with the SANS software security activities and the creation of the GSSP certification which is the first of its kind. He is also very involved with OWASP, especially the Washington DC chapter. It will be great to have him join our chapter meeting.
- Building Usable Security: Zed Abbadi believes that one of the main reasons why application security violations continue to rise is the fact that many deployed security mechanism are not user friendly, limiting their effectiveness. Unless security engineers start thinking more about how to make security more usable, progress in securing systems will be limited. Zed, a long time participant of our chapter, is a Senior Security Engineer with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB). He has over 15 years of experience in software and security engineering. His experience ranges from providing security consulting services to building large-scale software systems. In his current role he is responsible for the security of all software applications that run on PCAOB’s infrastructure.
- When: 4/10, 6:00 – 8:00 PM EST
- Where: Booz Allen, One Dulles Facility (13200 Woodland Park Road; Herndon, VA 20171)